Senior Product Owner
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Product Owner to join our dynamic and growing team, based at our offices in beautiful rural Oxfordshire, close to Oxford and the M40.
Kudos is an award-winning, fast-growth technology company, on a mission to accelerate the positive impact of research in the world. We help researchers communicate the amazing research they do, not only to the research community, but to broader audiences including the public, policy makers, funders, publishers and universities.
Established in 2013, Kudos has grown to 30 staff and in 2017 was named as one of the top 3 most innovative, emerging companies in the global financial and information technology sectors. Our client list includes major publishers and universities and we support over 300,000 researchers at 10,000 institutions.
The Senior Product Owner will have responsibility for delivering our products and enhancements, generating requirements and specifications, managing our agile process, supporting the engineering team and being the hub of product knowledge across the business.
About the role
The Senior Product Owner is a full-time role and reports to the Chief Product Officer. It is a pivotal role, right at the intersection of users, the engineering team and the commercial team. As the Senior Project Owner, you will take ownership of existing and upcoming products including Kudos Pro. You will have the opportunity to shape the products and services we offer to a wide range of stakeholders, including researchers, research groups, publishers and universities. We are looking for someone with strong agile / scrum experience, excellent communication skills, and who demonstrates a clear, detailed, methodical approach. You will be able to motivate others and prioritise and balance multiple priorities.
Your responsibilities include:Roadmap, sprint planning and agile
- Managing the Kudos roadmap including planning sessions
- Creating tickets, writing acceptance criteria, managing estimation and reviewing feature development and answering questions from the engineering team
- Testing features, signing off and communicating releases to the wider team
- Gathering and prioritising feature requests
- Scheduling engineering priorities, dovetailing with feature priorities
- Understanding how and why researchers are motivated to use Kudos
- Working closely with the sales and marketing team to understand the features that will be most valued by our customers.
- Building knowledge of the environment our users operate in to understand their daily needs, wants and frustrations.
- Monitoring analytics and metrics in systems such as Google Analytics and Hotjar.
- Ensuring the commercial team are aware of product developments, features and timelines
- Supporting the Account Management team by answering questions and discussing and prioritising features
- Providing product input for proposals, presentations and reporting
- Working closely with the Lead UX / UI Designer and helping to set their product priorities
- Wireframing features, liaising on UX / UI designs
- Writing copy for on-screen text, help tips and user guides
- Managing the Users Support Executive
- Providing assistance with support queries
- Raising bugs and prioritising accordingly
The following are critical to the role:
- Strong experience using agile / scrum and familiarity with tools such as Pivotal Tracker / JIRA Experience working in an environment with multiple delivery teams
- Excellent communication skills - able to explain things clearly both verbally and in writing with engineers as well as the wider business.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, confident and demonstrated track record of delivery
- Ability to work well as part of a team and alone
- Strong technology skills and an understanding of the technology concepts
- Natural curiosity - wanting to understand user wants and needs and how technology can help
- Close attention to detail, testing edge cases and able to spot inconsistencies
- Experience working with designers to create intuitive user experiences and interfaces
- Educated to degree level as it gives you an understanding of the academic environment
Any of the following experiences would be really useful:
- Familiarity with the publishing or academic research communities
- Creating processes to help mid-sized companies scale up
- Foreign languages
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' annual leave
- Company pension plan
- Fun work environment
- Flexible working plan
- Free fruit and team pizza
- Table tennis
- Fantastic opportunity to learn new skills
- Opportunity to make a difference
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Based in beautiful Oxfordshire, close to Oxford and the M40
- Good public transport links and easy parking
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter outlining why you're right for this role, to:
Chief Product Officer • Co-Founder
Closing date for applications is 2nd August 2019.