You will be part of a small, relatively new team working to accelerate awareness and uptake of Kudos' services. You will be the team's 'point person' for our publisher service, undertaking both strategic (e.g. personas, competitive analysis) and tactical activities (e.g. creating information sheets, case studies, social media content). You will also be our events lead, organizing both internal and external events (i.e. our own symposia, as well as exhibitions that we attend).
You will report to / work closely with our Marketing Manager. The role is full time, based in our offices in Wheatley, Oxfordshire. Evening / weekend work and travel may occasionally be required.
Kudos provides innovative online platforms and services that help researchers, institutions, funders and publishers to broaden the reach and impact of research. This award-winning service has a global client base, from major publishers such as Wiley, Taylor & Francis and SAGE, to prestigious institutions such as the Universities of Manchester, Liverpool and Melbourne.
At Kudos, we value authenticity, boldness, curiosity and clarity. We seek and welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates.
You will be a passionate marketer, with drive and ambition, flexible and enthusiastic about "getting the job done", whatever that requires. You will have demonstrable experience in managing marketing projects, including setting and tracking budgets, targets and timelines. You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and will be able to demonstrate your ability to write compelling, persuasive, simple copy. You will have a good grasp of numbers and be able to use relatively advanced Excel features such as formulas and pivot tables. You will be a multi-tasker, able to progress lots of different activities and objectives at once. You will have excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills, ensuring that marketing plans and events are delivered smoothly. You will be results-oriented, maintaining a constant focus on the goal to be achieved, what success looks like, and how you will achieve / evaluate that success. You will be a team player, capable of building collegiate and productive relationships with people in other teams (e.g. sales and account management) whose needs and objectives you will be supporting. You will be tech savvy, comfortable using a Mac, Microsoft Office, CRM systems and desktop design software. You will be proud of your knowledge of marketing methods and best practices, and proactive in keeping up to date.
Undertake day-to-day implementation of our marketing plans, including, but not limited to:
- Direct marketing to drive attention, interest, desire and action among prospects for our publisher service
- Engagement marketing to help maximize Kudos uptake and activity among our publisher customers' authors
- Events marketing, organizing and delivering events ranging from Kudos user groups to tradeshows and academic meetings, including liaising with suppliers, organizing logistics / shipping, troubleshooting and event attendance
- Social media marketing, including writing and posting messages on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Email marketing, including use of our platforms HubSpot and Customer.io
- Copywriting and managing execution of communications including information sheets, brochures, infographics, videos, webinars etc
- Managing production of artwork and, where appropriate, fulfillment of print materials
- Public relations activities including drafting press releases, researching media lists, communicating with media contacts, etc
- Researching and analyzing customer sentiment / behaviours (preferences, needs, expectations and perceptions)
- Reporting on all the above activities and related budgets / KPIs.
The role will likely involve some travel, which is estimated at 5% of your time.
- 2+ years in a marketing role
- Demonstrable experience in planning, managing, measuring and reporting on marketing projects
- Excellent, straightforward verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills including Excel expertise
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Experience of academia / research organizations
- Enthusiasm / aptitude for new technologies
- CIM qualifications
- University degree
- Passionate start-up culture with great coffee and free fruit
- Great location in beautiful Oxfordshire, close to Oxford and M40 (with free parking) (and table tennis under the trees!)
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' annual leave in addition to 8 public holidays
- Flexible working scheme
- Company pension plan
- Cycle to Work scheme
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter outlining why you're right for this role, to:
Chief Customer Officer • Co-Founder