Kudos (www.growkudos.com) helps broaden the reach and impact of published works. This multi-award-winning service has a global client base, including major publishers such as Taylor & Francis, Wiley, and SAGE, and over 250,000 users in the global research community.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small but rapidly expanding company focused on providing an innovative online service for academic authors, institutions, publishers, societies and funders. We are looking for two Account Managers; one to work closely with the Senior Account Manager and the other to work with the Academic Outreach Manager. You will provide essential support to Kudos' clients, helping to ensure their ongoing experiences of our services are of high quality and effectiveness. Acting as a customer champion, you will have the opportunity to support and shape the service we offer to all our stakeholders.
You will be a people person, a problem solver, proactive, and comfortable with supporting clients' every day needs. You will be passionate and productive, commercially minded, experienced at juggling priorities, and creative in your approach to ensuring that clients derive value from our services. Above all, you will be customer focused, an amazing communicator, and comfortable working in a sales environment.
Required Skills and Experience
Here at Kudos we believe in recruiting talented individuals who will bring new skills and talents to our team. Rather than looking for a particular skill-set or background, we'd much rather you demonstrate the characteristics of a good Account Manager, along with the ability and enthusiasm to learn new things along the way. We're willing to help you broaden your skills and experiences and give you the opportunity to build your career. The team is small and friendly with plenty of scope for individuals to make a real impact on the product and the way that we work. The following indicate some of the necessary skills/personal attributes we are looking for, but is not exhaustive or exclusive. If you have any questions about your suitability or would like to know more about the roles, please do get in touch.
- You will be customer focused and comfortable working in a sales environment
- You will be well organised with a proven ability to multi-task and exceptional time management skills
- You will be meticulous, with great attention to detail, and will be results driven
- Computer and web literacy is essential. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel are used extensively. The role will require demonstrating the Kudos products* as well as explaining technical terms to lay audiences, so you need to be comfortable with technology (*training provided)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Excellent written communications skills
- A passion for scholarly and science communication
- Account management experience
- Experience of marketing and/or sales
- Familiarity with Salesforce or similar systems
- Experience of publishing or scholarly research would be an advantage but is not required for this role
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
These roles are based in the main Kudos office in Wheatley (Oxfordshire). Some evening and weekend work may be required on occasion, as will UK travel. Occasional working from home is supported and a flexible working pattern can be discussed. Kudos is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and seek to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' annual leave
- Company pension plan
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Based in beautiful Oxfordshire, close to Oxford and the M40
- Good public transport links and easy parking
- Monthly pizza lunches
- Free fruit
Further information about working for Kudos can be found on our Careers page
To apply, please email Claire Kemp (Senior Account Manager, email@example.com), requesting the job descriptions. In your email please include a few sentences about you and your experience, and quote "AM- 2018" in the subject line. Instructions on how to apply formally will be included along with the full job description for both roles. Please do also ask any questions you might have about the role or your potential suitability.
Closing date for initial expressions of interest is Tuesday 2nd January 2019.